Mmm, doesn't that just scream yummy!!!! Whenever I start feeling icky and sluggish, in addition to making sure I'm taking vitamins and exercising, I also tend to jump start things by blending and juicing. This green smoothie is one of my go-to drinks that's quick to make. Now, it may look nasty but, it really does taste good. And, it's chock full of some really healthy stuff!
Keep reading for more pics and health benefits!
Here are some of the health benefits of the ingredients in my smoothie:
- boosts the immune system
- reduce fatigue
- boosts energy levels
- controls appetite
- aids digestion
- anti-viral, -fungal, and -bacterial properties
Cod Liver Oil
- healthy skin
- strong bones and teeth
- omega-3 essential fatty acids
- weight control
- improved quality of hair, skin, and nails
- reduces inflammation, and lowers cholesterol
- increased immunity
- proper digestion and metabolism
- weight loss
- powerful antioxidants
- anti-inflammatory properties
- excellent source of vitamin K, for bone and blood health
So, I add...
- about 8oz (1 cup) of coconut water
- a frozen banana (to help naturally sweeten the smoothie)
- 1 Tbl of flax oil
- 1 Tbl of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of spirulina
- 1 tsp of cod liver oil
- 1-2 hand fulls of kale
kale and frozen banana
coconut water and spirulina
flax oil and cod liver oil
close up of the smoothie in the glass
top of glass
closer top view
So, let me know if you try this or, if you have a green smoothie recipe that you love.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed the content of this post. Please make sure you follow this blog to stay updated with reviews, swatches, and tutorials. Until next time, be well.
DISCLAIMER: The product(s) featured in this post were paid for by me, with my own money. Thank you.