Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Get It Right, Get It Tight!


I figured, let's wait until after January 1st to start a work out plan! I've had a whole month to get the desire to eat holiday leftovers out of system. I've played around with some new workout programs. And, most importantly, football season is pretty much over! Now it's time to hit the gym (and my basement) hard, as I set out to complete the final half of my goal. My girl Vee over at Pretty Girl Rock is starting out on her Beyonce Body Challenge. Nothing like a partner to help keep you motivated. For my plan, along with starting pictures, keep reading.



Like so many brides before me, I set out to get in shape/lose weight so I would look stunning on my wedding day. My plan included Dr. Ian's Extreme Fat Smash, Chalene Johnson's Turbo Jam, jumping rope, and running. I started during the spring of 2007 (I think it was April). My beginning weight was somewhere in the 160s. I managed to get down to around 135 well in advance of my September 2007 wedding (towards the end, I started to scale back on both the dieting and working out since I was pleased with my results and didn't want to end up needing further dress alterations!) Here's a picture of me at my bridal shower in August of 2007.





Fast forward to now, almost 4 years later. Perhaps the biggest change is that I've had a baby. I was around 160 when I got pregnant in January 2009. By the time my daughter (who weighed in at 7lbs 11oz) was born in October 2009, my weight crossed into the 200 (I think my heaviest weight was around 210 or so). I breastfed for the first year of her life. I was so terrified of my supply drying out that I didn't exercise or diet at all. When Avery turned 1, and was weaned off of breast milk, I went back to Extreme Fat Smash. Also, since I didn't have to use my lunch hour to pump, I joined the gym at work. When I started, I was about 183lbs. Within the first month or so, I lost 20lbs. I was siced (yeah, I said siced!) that I could fit some of my pre-Avery work clothes. And this is where I am today.


I've been maintaining the 163-ish weight for the last month or so, w/o dieting and only running for about 30 minutes during my lunch break at work. But, with spring right around the corner, I'm ready to drop about 20-30 more pounds and get back to a size similar to what I had in 2007. I really want to focus on weights this go around. I won't be going back on Extreme Fat Smash (b/c I don't have a desire to lose the weight quickly). I know that in order to lose, I'll have to put in more work in the beginning. I'm thinking, once at my goal weight, working out at work should be enough to maintain. 


So, let's get to the plan and starting pictures.
I know I need to eat every 3-4 hours (3 meals, 3 healthy snacks) and drink lots of water. One of my favorite healthy snacks is frozen fruit. I get the mixed fruit and mixed berries bags from Costco and/or BJ's. Those, along with raw veggies and nuts (I love raw almonds) will make for great snacks.






















As for working out, the plan is to run about 3 miles or so during my lunch break at work, and do Turbo Fire and P90X concurrently (I know, it sounds like a lot). Both are 90 day programs.
I'm aiming for about 10lbs lost each month, hoping to be at my goal weight/size sometime between April and May 2011.

Here are my starting pictures. I'll update in a month, on March 1.







     





No comments:

Post a Comment